Sunday, May 3, 2009

Truth-Barrie Wade


















Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but words can also hurt me.
Stones and sticks break only skin,
while words are ghosts that haunt me.
Slant and curved the word-sword fall
to pierce and stick inside me.
Bats and Bricks may ache through bones,
but words can mortify me
Pain from words has left its scar
on mind and heart that's tender
Cuts and Bruises now have healed;
It's words that I remember.

"The tongue can be kind or monstrous" as a saying in our language goes, and it is true. But as a muslim our tongues should only be moved with words of kindness.
As a shaikh once said, "We use this tongue to praise Allah and read Quran so why use the same tongue that moments ago was praising Allah to harm someone else or to say explicit words?
I myself am guilty with the habit of jokingly saying mean words. But i realized that this too is wrong of me, The Prophet (S.A.W) said himslef, something to the nearest meaning of, A true believer is that whom other people are safe from his hands and tongue.
This is something we should all practice, to save our tongues from sin because it is the tongue which can easily be caught in the trap of shaytan (ie. backbiting)

No comments:

Post a Comment